For life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Telephone: 03 8684 7900
Email (External link)
Feedback and enquiries
GPO Box 4356
Melbourne VIC 3001
121 Exhibition Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Connect with us
For Inspector-General for Emergency Management media enquiries call 0417 121 510 or email email@example.com (External link)
To access government media releases, visit the Premier of Victoria (External link) website.
In an emergency
Triple Zero (000)
- Triple Zero (000) should be called when police, fire or ambulance attendance is needed in a life-threatening or time critical situation.
- Be prepared to describe your location as accurately as possible. Your mobile phone only shows call-takers your billing address, not your current GPS location.
- If you see smoke, check the planned burns map (External link) before calling Triple Zero (000).
VicEmergency (emergency.vic.gov.au (External link)) is a centralised website to find emergency information and warnings for Victoria. You can also access preparedness and recovery information related to emergencies.
The website has a real-time Google Map display with incidents across the state including floods, storms, fires, earthquakes, tsunami, beach closures, shark sightings and more.
You can get information by tuning in to ABC local radio, or other emergency broadcasters (External link) including radio or SKY News, by downloading the VicEmergency app (External link), phoning the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or following VicEmergency on Facebook (External link) or Twitter (External link).
Remember, always access more than one source for emergency information and warnings.
Flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency
Call 132 500 from anywhere in Victoria for flood, storm, tsunami and earthquake emergency.
National Relay Service
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, contact emergency numbers using the National Relay Service (External link):
- TTY users phone 106 then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS (External link) then ask for either Triple Zero (000) or 132 500
Wildlife emergency in Victoria
You can do a lot to help injured, orphaned or sick wildlife.
You can call Wildlife Victoria's emergency response line on (03) 8400 7300 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Or report a wildlife emergency online (External link). This service is monitored 7 days a week from 6.30am to 8.30pm, during which time one of Wildlife Victoria team will call you back (typically within an hour)
There's also instructional fact sheets (External link) to help you with most common wildlife situations.
Deaf Emergency Information
A website for deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing people (External link), in Auslan and in written English to help with:
- understanding how to watch and act so you can take responsibility for your own safety
- learning how to prepare, respond and recover from natural hazard events in your area
- understanding how emergency services work together